Serves: makes 1 – serves 4
- 6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 650g pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- For a richer, sweetly intense flavour, roast the pumpkin in a hot 170ºC oven for 1 hour to caramelise, before blending.
Nutrition content per serve:
- Energy: 786kJ
- Protein: 6.3g
- Total fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.6g
- Sugar: 11.9g
- Fibre: 4.9g
- Sodium: 666 mg
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place pumpkin and garlic cloves on baking tray and drizzle with oil. Roast pumpkin and garlic for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked all the way through.
- Cook onions until slightly soft with nutmeg, cumin, salt and pepper in medium soup pot.
- Add pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peel garlic and add to soup.
- Add Ensure Powder and stir through.
- Use stick blender to puree.
- Serve with cream and fresh herbs.
SIGN UP & GET R50 OFF
Sign up to be part of the Ensure® family and receive a R50 discount code to use on your first purchase of 850g Ensure® nutritional supplement.
Help monitor your strength milestones with the Ensure® Strength Tracker. Update the tracker weekly to chart your progress.
*Terms & Conditions apply