Pumpkin & lentil lasagne
- 5 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tinned lentils
- 1 tin of canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 250g ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 30g fresh spinach
- 200g pumpkin, diced
- 150g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
Nutrition content per serve:
- Energy: 2135kJ
- Protein: 23.4g
- Fat: 30.5g
- Saturated fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Sugars: 13.2g
- Fibre: 8.2g
- Sodium: 456mg
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake pumpkin for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until lightly golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils and tinned tomatoes and stir. Cover and bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add Ensure Powder to tomato and lentil mix.
- Add ricotta, parsley and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Line base of ovenproof dish with layer of lasagne sheets. Spread tomato and lentil mix and top with fresh spinach and pumpkin. Top with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Add ricotta mix and top with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread over remaining tomato and lentil mix and top with remaining spinach and pumpkin and lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with grated cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes (20 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered). Serve with garden salad.
SIGN UP & GET R50 OFF
Sign up to be part of the Ensure® family and receive a R50 discount code to use on your first purchase of 850g Ensure® nutritional supplement.
Help monitor your strength milestones with the Ensure® Strength Tracker. Update the tracker weekly to chart your progress.
*Terms & Conditions apply